MyWestern Student Portal Information
MyWestern Student Portal Home
If you are attempting to access MyWestern from home, you will need to enter your username as WESTERN\username along with your normal password.
To search for courses that Western offers, use the course catalog search. To search for open sections within each course, use the class section search.
Important Information on MyWestern Changes
November 25, 2013
Continued work on the MyWestern student portal requires us to take the system down from approximately 8-9:00 p.m. this evening. It will not impact access to Blackboard or your student email. Thank you for your continued patience as we complete this upgrade process.
November 21, 2013
The MyWestern portal will be unavailable from 8:00 p.m. Thursday, November 21 until 8:00 a.m. Friday, November 22 while we conduct system maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience during this upgrade process.
Please note that when you log into a computer on campus, you are also logging into your MyWestern student account at the same time. This eliminates the previous need to log into the computer and then MyWestern separately.
(EXCEPTION: If you are attempting to access MyWestern on a browser other than Internet Explorer, you will get a separate login box. Enter your username as WESTERN\username along with your normal password to access to MyWestern.)
As long as you are logged into a campus computer, you will be able to access your account, including your personal information. Please remember to log off the computer completely before you walk away or leave the classroom.
November 6, 2013
MyWestern has been upgraded to a new system. As we continue the upgrade process, some of the online services may be unavailable. Status updates will be posted on this page.
Your access to MyWestern will be limited during this stage of the upgrade. You will be able to log into your student account to view some information, but the link for self-service is currently unavailable. We hope to have it available by the end of the day on Friday, Nov. 8. Please check back for updates.
Current students will use the same log-in as was used in the previous system. New students will receive a series of emails giving them their student ID number, log-in information, and their account password. Changing the password is recommended.
- Continuing Spring registration will begin Monday, Nov. 18. Please check your Western student email for your Spring registration date.
- To search for class information, please use the course or class search links above or in the menu to the right.
- The online bill payment system will not be available after Oct. 18. We expect it to be available again starting in February.
- Financial Aid refunds have been temporarily delayed. We will inform you when the system is back online.
- To receive any refunds (not just financial aid) via direct deposit to your bank account, you will need to fill out a new authorization form, which can be found on the Financial Aid disbursement page. Even if you have had direct deposit previously, you still must fill out the new form. Return the completed form to the Cashier’s office.
- Please contact the Cashier’s Office at 608-785-9121 or Financial Aid at 608-785-9579 with questions regarding refunds or the new direct deposit form.
We apologize for any inconveniences during this transition. If you have any questions, please contact the Welcome Center at 608-785-9553 or PC Services at 608-789-6266.