Courses and Classes Offered
For complete information about all courses that Western offers, please consult the MyWestern Course Catalog.
Did you know that the Western in Tomah offers the same general education courses you can get elsewhere at a much lower cost? So aside from a great tuition rate and the opportunity to receive a first-rate education, you can save time and money on travel and gas.
General studies courses you take at Western can transition easily into a variety of post-secondary institutions, such as the Wisconsin Technical College System, the University of Wisconsin System, and Viterbo University, depending on where you want to take your education and what your goals are! To learn more about the transfer agreements Western has with other colleges and universities, visit the transfer website.
These non-credit classes satisfy your need for knowledge and creativity. Whether your goal is to build new skills, explore new hobbies, exchange ideas, or improve your quality of life, we have classes to fit your needs. Check out our Lifelong Learning website.
Tomah GOAL Contact Number: 608.374.7700
Western's GOAL Program provides a broad range of basic skill and literacy services to adults. These services can help open the door to employment opportunities and further education. Services include:
- Adult Basic Education (ABE)
- Developmental Studies in mathematics, writing, and reading
- High School Credential (GED Certificate, High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED) or regular high school diploma)
- Workforce Education
- English Language Learners (ELL)
For GOAL registration and course information, please see Western's developmental studies page.
For more information please go to our GOAL (Instructional Support Services) website.
Classes are offered in three different formats:
- In person. Instructor and students meet in a traditional classroom or lab setting.
- Interactive Distance Learning (IDL). Through cameras and microphones, students participate in classes that are also at other locations in the Western District.
- Internet. Classes taken at any time of day, anywhere you live.