Military Transcripts

Military Transcripts

Transfer Information

Military credits can be reviewed for transfer credit or advanced standing. If you have questions, please call Paula Speropulos at 608.789.4767 or email at

To have your prior-earned credits reviewed:

  1. Submit the Transfer Credit Evaluation Form to Paula Speropulos, Western Technical College - Veterans Services, 400 7th Street North, P.O. Box C-0908, La Crosse, WI 54602-0908.
  2. Transcripts are required for review. If you have not already submitted your military and/or college transcripts, please submit them with the Transfer Credit Evaluation form.
  3. Students receiving Federal GI Bill Education Benefits are required by the Veterans Administration to submit transcripts of prior college and military experience.

Western Evaluates military training and experience according to ACE standards for recommended college credit:

Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy: Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans can now access their transcripts through JST, Joint Services Transcript- to register for a JST account click here: Joint Services Transcript Account Registration

Coast Guard: Transcripts still under development. You may access the site but be aware that all of your data may not be up to date. Official transcripts cannot be sent to academic institutions as the Coast Guard application is still under construction.

U.S. Air Force: Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)


The DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSSTs) are approved by ACE and accepted or administered at over 1,900 colleges and universities nationwide. DSSTs enable people to use the knowledge acquired outside the classroom to accomplish educational and professional goals. The website includes downloadable forms, practice tests, and other information.

Academic Credit for Military Experience


Service members, reservists, and veterans pursuing a college education may be able to obtain academic credit for military courses they have completed through the military. You may obtain information regarding transcripts and potential credit for military experience from the links below.


The American Council on Education's (ACE) College Credit Recommendation Service (CREDIT) provides access to academic credit for formal courses and examinations taken outside traditional degree programs. The ACE Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services contains recommended credit awards for formal military courses and occupations.


The Department of Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) sponsors several programs that advance the acceptance of military education and experience at civilian colleges and universities. Information is available on the DANTES website for these programs and obtaining transcripts for the programs already used.