GED/HSED testing is conducted at Pearson VUE® Authorized Test Centers located in the Assessment Center on the La Crosse Campus and at Western’s Tomah and Black River Falls Regional Locations. The test is computer-based and may only be proctored in Pearson VUE® Authorized sites.
In Wisconsin, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Resident of Wisconsin (Proof of residency required at the time of test check-in.) OR
- Have lived in the state for at least 10 days OR
- Be a migrant worker or the child of a migrant worker
- 18 years, 6 months old or older OR
- The class with which you entered grade 9 must have graduated from high school
- Not enrolled in a high school
The first step toward earning your GED or HSED credential is to complete an orientation session through Western Technical College’s Learner Support and Transition. During this orientation, you will create your GED account. Once you have been approved as meeting the state requirements, you will use this account to register and pay for your testing sessions.
- Payment for GED tests occurs during the online registration process. The cost of each individual test is $33.75. You may pay using credit or debit cards; or using purchased vouchers.
- Once your test is scheduled, you are able to cancel the appointment up to 24 hours in advance. No refunds are allowed for missed exams or cancellations within the 24 hour time period.
- A current photo ID is required at each testing session.
|La Crosse Assessment Center||Monday||1:00 pm - 4:30 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 12:30 pm|
|Tomah Location||First Tuesday of Month||1:00 pm - 5:30 pm|
|Third Thursday of Month||9:00 am - 1:30 pm|
|Black River Falls Location||Schedule based on student need for GED testing services.|
For more information and to create your GED account: https://ged.com/