The purpose of the Western Alumni Association is to foster a relationship with alumni, building a sense of pride in their alma mater and a commitment to advocate for the work of the college. In addition, alumni promote the recruitment of prospective students, hire graduates, are valued program resources, and provide financial support for scholarships, programs, and other college needs.
The Western Alumni Board, in collaboration with the Alumni Office, provides direction for the alumni association, facilitating strong affiliations among alumni, students, staff and community. The board members serve as leaders and role models for other alumni, ensure the mission of the association is maintained, advise the college when requested, are liaisons between the college and its alumni, and serve as ambassadors in their communities.
Alumni Board Members
|Paul Balmer||'92 Mechanical Design||Fastenal|
|Sally Emerson||Alumni and Foundation Manager||Western Technical College|
|Tina Flick||’89 Health Unit Clerk
’04 Supervisory Management
|Ellen Gianoli||’92 Supervisory Management||Gundersen Health|
|Jessica Klinkner||’13 Marketing||Bank of Cashton|
|Brian Reitzel||’92 Wood Tech||Kaplan|
|Kim Ryan||’03 Human Resources-Business Administration||CenturyLink|
|Domanic Scardino||’06 Marketing||US Cellular|
|Sandy Schulz||Student Government Rep|
|Jean Walleser||’80 Medical Records||La Crosse County Health Department|
|Bill Welch||’70 Electronics||Western Technical College|
|Ken Wing||Foundation Board||Western Technical College|
Alumni Board Emeritus Members
- Chad Dutton, '92 Mechanical Design, TRW Automotive Electronics
- Patty Fetting, '80 Secretarial Science, Dairyland Power Cooperative
- Tina Flick, '04 Supervisory Management, Gundersen Lutheran
- Denise Hanrahan-Brown, '85 Respiratory Therapy Technician, Mayo Clinic - Franciscan Healthcare
- Mary Jo Klos, '80 Nursing, Gundersen Lutheran
- Debbie LeJeune, '97 ITC Computerized Accounting/CIS Microcomputer Spec, '07 Accounting, Hawkins, Ash & Baptie
- Lynn Lenz, '86 Respiratory Therapy Technician, Western Technical College
- Cinda Vingers, '77 Secretarial Science, '88 Supervisory Management, Dairyland Power Cooperative
The Western Technical College Alumni Association will support the mission of Western Technical College by developing a lasting and mutually beneficial relationship between the college and its alumni.
Goals & Objectives
To develop an alumni association which supports the mission and goals of the college and foundation. Develop effective communication with alumni.
- Provide opportunities for alumni to network and interact with the college, students, and communities served.
- Engage a broader base of alumni by promoting services and support.
- Promote the alumni association and develop a relationship with current students in order to encourage their involvement as alumni.
- Educate alumni about the value and opportunities for philanthropic support.
To create a responsible and productive alumni association board which sets strategic direction and brings value to the work of the association.
- Recruit enthusiastic and committed board members representing the demographics of Western graduates.
- Develop accurate and functional bylaws.
- Create productive committees to support the purpose of the alumni association and increase alumni engagement.
- Develop high quality and effective programs for alumni.