Established in 1972, the Western Foundation is an independent, tax-exempt, 501 (c) (3) charitable, nonprofit organizations. We are committed to investing in student success, to faculty and staff excellence, and to the enhancement of college facilities and programs. We believe in the strength, vitality, and flexibility of today's technical colleges and its students and graduates and the benefit they provide to our communities.
An Essential Part of the Community
Since 1912, Western Technical College has been providing essential education and training to people throughout the 7 Rivers Region. From its beginnings as the La Crosse Vocational School, a one building campus in La Crosse, to the multi-campus, multi-community college of today, Western Technical College continues to provide the education our communities need.
With more than 65 degree programs, Lifelong Learning courses, GED/HSED classes, English Language Learners programming, apprenticeship training, and seven campus locations, Western touches the lives of nearly 20,000 people in its district every year. Chances are, you or someone you know has taken classes at Western.
The Western Technical College Foundation exists to support, promote, and facilitate the activities of Western Technical College.
In our commitment to support the college, the Foundation will strive to be:
- A resourceful organization that takes pride in providing student accessibility to the college through scholarships, grants, distance education, and is committed to meet student future-needs in a rapidly changing technological society.
- A strategically focused organization to provide opportunities for students to be successful in achieving their goals by providing funding for equipment and staff development.
- A visionary organization that recognizes the need for continuous staff development and provides the financial resources necessary to keep pace with our rapidly changing technological society.
- A dedicated organization committed to maintain its leadership among the nation's top two-year college foundations in its ability to acquire and manage public and private resources.
- An innovative organization that recognizes the importance of business and industry to the economic well-being of the community, and supports the college's commitment of providing life-long learning with technical and customized training for business.