The Library computer lab has PC and Mac computers with a variety of software and program-specific applications. Scanners and color printing are available. A full-time technician and work/study students are on duty to assist with computer and tech-related issues.
- In addition to the computer lab, Western Library has 23 PCs with Internet access and Microsoft Office Suite 2010
- TVs and DVD/VHS players are available in three of the study rooms
- Audiocassette players and calculators are available for checkout
- Three photocopiers including two for public use
- Six study rooms are available for individual or group study.
- A 47' HDTV, PC, wireless mouse/keyboard, and remote can be used in Study Room #1. Check with Circulation staff for details.
- Based on availability, tutoring and various meetings can be scheduled in Study Room #6. Check with Circulation staff for details.
Using your laptop, you can connect to WESTERN wireless internet with a passphrase. Ask any of the library staff for the passphrase.
Access to Informational Databases
The library subscribes to a variety of databases. Descriptions and instructions for on and off-campus access is located at http://www.westerntc.edu/library/infodatabase.aspx
Western Library offers to help proctor tests for any WTC classes; whether it is an online, blended, or onsite class. We do not do timed tests. We require that the teacher try to get the tests to the library 48 hours in advance. Please give the tests directly to a Circulation staff member. Each test for each student must have a filled out Test Proctoring Information form attached with it. Students must start the test 1 hour prior to the library closing and must complete the test in one sitting. Students must also come with a photo ID (i.e. student ID or Driver’s license).
If you are looking to have a computer test proctored, please contact the Computer Lab Assistant for policies and procedures. You can reach him at: (608) 789-6145 or email@example.com
Librarians are ready to assist you with your information needs and reference questions. Contact the Reference Desk at 608.785.9406 or firstname.lastname@example.org