Marketing students win awards at state competition
Published on Tuesday, May 08, 2012
Marketing students from Western Technical College recently had a good showing at the 2012 State Leadership Conference and Competition in Madison. The participating students are members of the La Crosse chapter of the Wisconsin Marketing and Management Association (WMMA), an international organization for college students.
Western students attended the conference and participated in competitive events, which involved interviews, tests, role-plays, online simulations, and written project reports to evaluate students’ marketing and management skills. Top finishers who advanced to the national level included:
• Tammy Stremcha, from La Crescent, Minn., who placed second in the Accounting category.
• Luke Anderson, from Holmen, Wis., placed third in Marketing Management.
• Adrion Shack, from Las Vegas, and Jordan Shack, from Tucson, Ariz., qualified in the Sports and Entertainment Marketing category.
• Grant Gysbers, from Waupun, Wis., qualified in Human Resources Management.
• Adam Krupa, Necedah, Wis., and Travis Oldenburg, from Mt. Sterling, Wis., qualified in International Marketing.
• Megan Peck, of Sparta, Wis., and Lacey Martin, of Stevens Point, Wis., qualified in Business Ethics. Martin was also elected to the Collegiate DECA State Action team as the 2012-2013 Western Region Vice President.
• Drew Chandler, from Carlsbad, Calif., qualified in Retail Merchandising.
• Jenn Brown, of Sparta, Wis., qualified in Fashion Merchandising and Marketing
• Aaron Hedges, of Trempealeau, Wis., and Cody Peterson, of Sparta, Wis., qualified in Business to Business.
• Caleb Erickson, from Onalaska, Wis., qualified in Restaurant and Food Service Management.