Physical Therapist Assistant
Associate in Applied Science Degree
Credits Required for Graduation: 70.00
Western accepts COMPASS, ASSET or ACT –Testing may be waived with applicable post-secondary credits. There is a $20 fee for this assessment (fee subject to change). If you have taken the ACT, ASSET or COMPASS within the last five years, you can request that your scores be submitted to Western. The testing requirements are:
The following requirements must be completed in order to qualify for acceptance to the Physical Therapist Assistant program:
- Completed criminal/caregiver background check $20 (fee subject to change). The background check will be processed by Western (make check payable to Western). Western does not accept third party background checks (except in the case of out of state).
- Completed Immunization record, including TB
- Read program essential functions
- Completed American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR. Certification must be continually maintained throughout the program.
- Completed high school chemistry, college chemistry or developmental chemistry, and high school biology or developmental biology with a C grade or better. (Prerequisite to General Anatomy and Physiology)
- Read online program overview
- Completed intent to enroll form