Physical Therapist Assistant
Associate of Applied Science
Credits Required for Graduation: 70.00
Western accepts COMPASS, ASSET or ACT –Testing may be waived with applicable post-secondary credits. There is a $20 fee for this assessment (fee subject to change). If you have taken the ACT, ASSET or COMPASS within the last five years, you can request that your scores be submitted to Western. The testing requirements are:
The following requirements must be completed in order to qualify for acceptance to the Physical Therapist Assistant program:
- Completed criminal/caregiver background check $53.75 (fee subject to change). Please see the linked document for payment information.
- Read program essential functions
- Completed high school chemistry, college chemistry or developmental chemistry, and high school biology or developmental biology with a C grade or better. (Prerequisite to General Anatomy and Physiology)
- Read online program overview
- Completed intent to enroll form
The Physical Therapist Assistant program is committed to student success and recognizes that taking courses prior to entering the program is a significant contributor to students successfully completing the program. The Physical Therapist Assistant program has a tiered admission with priority given to applicants having documented completion of General Anatomy and Physiology (A &P) 10806177.