Emergency Medical Technician-Basic Certificate
Credits Required for Graduation: 5.00
Western accepts COMPASS, ASSET or ACT –Testing may be waived with applicable post-secondary credits. There is a $20 fee for this assessment (fee subject to change). If you have taken the ACT, ASSET or COMPASS within the last five years, you can request that your scores be submitted to Western. The testing requirements are listed below. These are recommended scores only, except for Reading. The Reading score is required.
- Completed American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR. Certification must be continually maintained throughout the program.
- Completed state reporting form
- Completed criminal/caregiver background check $53 (fee subject to change). Please see the linked document for payment information.
- Completed immunization record, including TB
- Read program essential functions
- Read online program overview