Medical Admin Professional
Associate of Applied Science
Credits Required for Graduation: 66.00
Learn More About This Program
Accounting - Program Resource Page
Will there be an advisor/counselor available to help me?
Yes, we have student advisors for all Business programs:
La Crosse Campus, Welcome Center
Counseling services are available at Western. If you would like to see a counselor, please call 608.785.9553 or toll-free 800.322.9982 to schedule an appointment. For more information on counseling services, visit www.westerntc.edu/counseling.
What is the average salary of the Medical Administrative Professional?
The expected starting hourly wage for graduates of the Medical Administrative Professional program is about $16 per hour.
Where would a graduate work?
Career opportunities exist in hospitals, clinics (e.g. medical, dental, chiropractic, vision, and behavioral health offices), insurance companies, and rehabilitation/nursing care facilities.
What are the potential career titles available with this degree?
- First-line supervisors/managers
- Administrative support
- Medical records and health information technicians
- Medical transcriptionists
- Healthcare support workers
- Medical secretaries
- Executive secretaries and administrative assistants
- Medical and health services managers
Students should have the following essential skills:
- Problem solving skills
- Positive attitude
- Willing to learn and listen
- Able to multi-task
- Able to provide excellent customer service