Adults in Transition

Adults in Transition

Services for Adults in Transition specialize in services designed to help students experience success during college. These services include:

  • Career Counseling and Career/Employment Planning
  • Career Development class
  • Personal Counseling and Academic Advising
  • Skill building
  • Facilitation of resources and supports at Western and in the Community
  • Economic Counseling
  • Enrollment into the Turnaround program for Displaced Homemakers

Services for Adults in Transition are located in the Welcome Center. Counselors are available Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and evening hours by appointment. For more information call (608) 785-9436. Counselors are available at the Tomah, Mauston and Viroqua campus one day a week.

Turnaround Services - Displaced Homemaker

Western Technical College provides support services to students who are Displaced Homemakers. A Displaced Homemaker is an individual who has worked in the home for a substantial number of years, providing unpaid household services for family members, and who presently has a change in their family income because of separation, divorce, becoming widowed, or a disabled spouse.

After an initial meeting and the development of a Career/Employment Plan, students receive ongoing collaborative services which include personal, career, and economic counseling, case management, facilitation of economic resources, skill building assistance, resume building, and preparation for job interviews. Emergency transportation and childcare assistance is also provided to participants who qualify.

For more information about the program, contact:
Lori Mohring
Welcome Center - Room R161C
(608) 785-9575