Student EMail at Western
If you are unfamiliar with Microsoft Office 365, please read the information below before attempting to log in.
Say Hello to Microsoft Office 365 for education!
Western Technical College is proud to present Office 365 for education—including email, instant messaging, group video and voice chat, and online document viewing and editing. With Office 365, Western Technical College students can access the same great Office 365 tools that businesses around the world use every day including:
- Email and calendars - Cloud-based email and calendars powered by Microsoft Exchange Online using your domain name, 25 GB storage per user
- Web conferencing - Rich online meetings with audio and video, desktop sharing, and virtual whiteboard. Excellent for distance learning
- Office Web Apps - Create and edit Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft OneNote documents using your favorite web browser.
- Team sites - Share files and documents with classmates. Create team, study group, or club sites. Up to 300 sub sites
With Office 365, you will now have two separate accounts:
- Office 365 account:
- Email. You will continue to use Microsoft Outlook Web App or Microsoft Outlook to view and send email from your school account, but you will sign in at https://www.outlook.com/students.westerntc.edu using the same user name and password. Please note: In Office 365 you will not see our logo, but Western Technical College still administers this account.
- File sharing.We will use Microsoft SharePoint Online for sharing files and Microsoft Office Web Apps for creating and reading documents. This service will be available a few weeks after the upgrade is completed.
- Instant messaging and online meetings. We will use Microsoft Lync Online for both instant messaging and online meetings. This service will be available a few weeks after the upgrade is completed.
- Personal Microsoft account. This personal account
will give you access to all existing SkyDrive content, Messenger, and other Microsoft
services. You will use the same user name and password that was used to access Live@edu.
Note that Western Technical College no longer administers this account. As a result,
we cannot reset the password for you. Use https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx
to reset the password for your personal account after the upgrade.
- Sign into SkyDrive using your Live@edu user name and password
- Bookmark SkyDrive: https://skydrive.live.com
If you use Internet Explorer 7 or earlier, you will need to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer. If you use Microsoft Outlook to read your email and use Microsoft Office 2003 or earlier, you will need to upgrade to Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 to continue using Outlook.