Veteran and Service Member Priority Enrollment

Veteran and Service Member Priority Enrollment

In compliance with Wisconsin Act AB201, Western proudly offers eligible Veterans and Service Members the opportunity to receive priority course enrollment dates assigned by admission status. This will allow Service Members to enroll in courses ahead of non-service members. This priority applies to service members who have served or are currently serving on active duty under honorable conditions in the U.S. armed forces. Priority enrollment does not extend to eligible dependents. Service members interested in a priority enrollment must submit eligible documents verifying service member status to Western’s Veteran Service Office located in ARC room 202. Once initial eligibility for priority registration at Western has been established, students will be assigned a priority enrollment appointment based on their admission status. Continuing students that already have documentation on file with Western Veteran Services you don’t need to submit that documentation again.

New students can submit any one of the following items to document qualification.

  • DD214/DD215
  • NGB22/22A- National Guard report of separation and record of Service
  • Reserve Credit Report and "Discharge Order & Point Summary"
  • Letter from Commanding Officer on letterhead with original signature
  • Current Orders
  • Letter from County Veteran Service Officer on letterhead with original signature

Veterans and service member resources to document military service:

The National Guard belongs to the individual state, not to the federal government, there's not a central repository for National Guard records. To obtain a copy of your NGB Form 22/22A, contact the National Guard Adjutant General's Office for the particular state in which you performed National Guard service.

Click Here to Submit your request for Priority Enrollment Status:

Once your service member status has been confirmed, you will automatically qualify for priority enrollment each term you are enrolled at Western. If you are not sure of your admission status you can contact Western’s Veteran Services or Admissions to get assistance with that information.