Integrated Technology Center
Projected budget: $32.6 million
The largest of the projects is the renovation and expansion of the current Applied Technology Center to create a comprehensive state-of-the-art Integrated Technology Center. The new technology center would allow several industrial programs to share classroom and lab space. Currently, they are spread over six locations on campus. The proposed upgrade would:
- Provide a complete building renovation, ground floor expansion, and the addition of a third and fourth floor.
- Allow the industrial technologies programs to consolidate to a single location, creating an advanced manufacturing center.
- Co-locate similar courses for more efficient use of space, eliminate redundant equipment, and improve student experience and training.
- Allow the building to become a “living laboratory” for students.
- Make the building LEED Platinum certified, the highest rating level for major remodeling projects.