Take your educational experience to a higher level by enrolling in Western’s Honors Program. The mission of the Honors Program is to create an active learning community that encourages scholarship while stressing growth through community service and leadership development to students with a demonstrated commitment to academic excellence.
Students who meet either of the following requirements are invited to apply for admission to the Honors Program:
- A high school (or prior college) G.P.A. of 3.5 or higher
- A Western cumulative G.P.A. of 3.5 or higher (with a minimum of 12 credits completed)
A limited number of students will be admitted to the Honors Program each term.
Complete the Honors Program by meeting the following requirements:
- Complete the following honors courses specifically designed to develop leadership skills and promote community service:
- 20890261 - Leadership: Conflict and Change (1 credit)
- 20890262 - Leadership: Serving and Empowering (1 credit)
- 20890263 - Leadership: Philosophy and Vision (1 credit)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher at the time of program completion or at the time of graduation from Western.
Note: For students in the ASLA program, any of the honors leadership courses listed above can substitute for 20890202 - Career Development.
Complete the Honors Program to gain the following benefits:
- Honors Program designation at Commencement
- Enhanced resume and college/university credentials
- An opportunity to compete for an Honors Program scholarship through the Western Technical College Foundation
- Opportunities to connect with Western and the community