Western Cost Accounting Students to Hold Sale
Published on Wednesday, February 13, 2008
As part of a class project, students in the Accounting program at Western Technical College will be holding an original product sale on Wednesday, March 5. The sale will be held from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. outside the cafeteria in the Kumm Center, 400 6th St. N., La Crosse.
Each year, students in the Cost Accounting course are divided into teams and asked to develop their own business by applying the skills they have learned in class. The students are then asked to implement their business and record their success. The sale of merchandise is one of the final stages of the project, but is critical to determining the overall success of the team.
This year, there are a variety of products ranging in price from $1 to $7. The following is a listing of the teams and the products they have created to sell:
• Lasting Scents will tickle your nose with reed infusers.
• BCJ Partnership celebrates with candy-filled Packer wine glasses.
• J.A.C.K. Company will be selling inspirational desktop post-it holders.
• Crazy Pencils will be offering new ways to write.
• Skylight Crystals presents sparkling crystal charms.
The event is open to the public. For additional information about the products, sales, or student businesses, please call James Murray at 608.785.9268.
To learn more about other Western programs or services, please call 608.785.9200 or visit the Web site at westerntc.edu.