Veteran Assistance at Western
Western Technical College is approved by the Wisconsin State Approving Agency and the Federal Department of Veterans Affairs to provide training to veterans, active service members, survivors and dependents of a deceased or disabled veteran. You can get more information about VA education benefits from Western's Veteran service office located in the Academic Resource Center R202 or by contacting your local county Veterans Service Officer. http://www.wicvso.org/your_cvso.htm If you are Planning to use veterans educational benefits at Western please follow these steps:
- Set up an initial consultation about benefits and enrollment processes and transfer credit with Western Veteran Services by calling 608.785.9436.
- Bring with you all military documents you have, i.e. certificate of eligibility, DD214s, NOBE, KICKER as applicable to you. If you are a dependent some benefits will need other documentation please contact us for more information.
- After you enroll in classes you must fill out a Certification Request form for the Federal benefit you are using. You will find those forms here: Important Forms.
- All Active duty service members using Federal Tuition Assistance should consult with Veteran services and provide payment information prior to the term start date.
- All Veterans must supply the college with their military transcripts.
- It is strongly advised to apply for Federal Financial Aid along with your Federal VA benefits for more information on that process see Western's Financial Aid website.
Air Force Federal Tuition Assistance
AIRFORCE Federal Tuition Assistance – Apply through the AF Portal. AF Portal.
W.A.V.E- Web Automated Verification of Enrollment
All veterans using chapter 30, 1607 and active soldiers using 1606 have to verify enrollment on the last day of every month they are enrolled and attending in order to get paid. The monthly student verification can be done by calling the St. Louis number (1.877.823.2378) or by the wave verification. W.A.V.E. Website.
Establish a premium account and you will be able to apply for benefits here online via VONAPP. You can also download the eBenefits application to monitor payments and other correspondence on your phone or ipad.eBenefits Website.
eMentor Leadership Program - Veterans
The Veteran eMentor Program leverages the internet to create a dynamic information
sharing, learning and support community that extends far beyond the veteran's current
network. Protégés can receive personalized career guidance, advice, support and
inspiration from more experienced veterans, career mentors and veteran-friendly
eMentor Leadership Program - Military Spouses
The MilSpouse eMentor Program is a dynamic online community where proteges can receive
personalized career guidance, advice, support and inspiration from more experienced
military spouses, career mentors and military spouse-friendly employers.
The Post-9/11 GI Bill Facebook Feed
To access all of the Veterans Facebook feeds linked by Western, please go to our Feed Page.