Medical Lab Technician
Associate of Applied Science
Credits Required for Graduation: 67.00
Western accepts COMPASS, ASSET or ACT –Testing may be waived with applicable post-secondary credits. There is a $20 fee for this assessment (fee subject to change). If you have taken the ACT, ASSET or COMPASS within the last five years, you can request that your scores be submitted to Western. The testing requirements are:
The following requirements must be completed in order to qualify for acceptance to the Medical Laboratory Technician program:
- Completed WTCS Application Form including High School Transcript, college or recognized equivalency.
- Satisfactory Placement Test Scores on Compass, ACT or Asset test in all three test areas (see above for scores)
- Completed the Intent to enroll form and schedule an appointment with a Enrollment Services Advisor .
- Complete Online Program Overview
- Read Essential functions
- Completed criminal/caregiver background check $53.75 (fee subject to change). Please see the linked document for payment information.
- Completed High School Chemistry, College Chemistry, or Developmental Chemistry and High School Biology with C or better (Prerequisite to General Anatomy and Physiology)