Associate of Applied Science
Credits Required for Graduation: 70.00
Western accepts COMPASS, ASSET or ACT –Testing may be waived with applicable post-secondary credits. There is a $20 fee for this assessment (fee subject to change). If you have taken the ACT, ASSET or COMPASS within the last five years, you can request that your scores be submitted to Western. The testing requirements are:
The following requirements must be completed in order to qualify for acceptance to the Radiography program:
- Completed criminal/caregiver background check $53.75 (fee subject to change). Please see the linked document for payment information.
- Read program essential functions
- Completed high school chemistry, college chemistry or developmental chemistry, and high school biology or developmental biology with a C grade or better. (Prerequisite to General Anatomy and Physiology)
- Read online program overview
- Completion of General Anatomy and Physiology #10-806-177 with a C or better.
- Completed intent to enroll form
The Radiography program is committed to student success and recognizes that taking courses prior to entering the program is a significant contributor to students successfully completing the program. Completing General Anatomy and Physiology as a prerequisite better prepares students for and provides them with more time to dedicate to the Radiography program courses. Also, if time allows, students could complete their general studies requirements for the program ahead of time to reduce their course load while enrolled in the program.