Western’s IT-Web & Software program offers an exciting, challenging, and hands-on curriculum to prepare students for employment in the field of Information Technology as entry level programmers. A diverse set of technology focused classes are designed to introduce students to:
• Designing and querying databases
• Programming and problem solving via object-oriented programming
• Designing and building web and mobile applications
• Acquiring foundational IT skills with an introduction to computing and Information Technology
• Acquiring core IT infrastructure skills with an introduction to networking and server administration
Successful students will come prepared with basic skills in computing, math & logic, and a determination to solve problems. Students should also be prepared to use and enhance their soft skills through active listening, organization, teamwork, and engaging with local employers in a professional manner via internships.
IT-Web & Software graduates will earn an associate degree, employment opportunities, and the chance for further study. Graduates who have maintained good GPAs and served in internships are sought after by many regional employers. Prior graduates have also continued their education by transferring to universities to seek degrees in Information Technology and Computer Science.