Western’s IT-Web & Software program offers an exciting, challenging, and hands-on curriculum to prepare students for employment in the field of Information Technology as entry level programmers. A diverse set of technology focused classes are designed to introduce students to:
• Designing and querying databases
• Programming and problem solving via object-oriented programming
• Designing and building web and mobile applications
• Acquiring foundational IT skills with an introduction to computing and Information Technology
• Acquiring core IT infrastructure skills with an introduction to networking and server administration
Successful students will come prepared with basic skills in computing, math & logic, and a determination to solve problems. Students should also be prepared to use and enhance their soft skills through active listening, organization, teamwork, and engaging with local employers in a professional manner via internships.
IT-Web & Software graduates will earn an associate degree, employment opportunities, and the chance for further study. Graduates who have maintained good GPAs and served in internships are sought after by many regional employers. Prior graduates have also continued their education by transferring to universities to seek degrees in Information Technology and Computer Science.
Program instructors accept website work from the public that fits with the topic they are covering in class. To apply for this service, complete the Website Project Intake Form.
*Please note that the delivery method for courses may change as the COVID-19 situation proceeds. Our goal is to ensure that teaching and learning happens in a safe environment. We will communicate updates as quickly as possible.