The Sparta Public Safety Training Facility is located on 160 acres of land on the outskirts of Sparta, in the township of Angelo. Here, Western's Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement, Fire Protection Technician, and Paramedic program courses are offered, in addition to non-credit public safety certifications.
Features of the facility include:
- Indoor and outdoor firing ranges
- Forensic investigation lab
- Close access to Ft. McCoy for scenario training
- Emergency vehicle operations course
- Fully functioning fire trucks
- Water rescue pond
- Burn tower
- Open fields for controlled burns
- Rappelling wall
- Confined space rescue simulation
- Weight room
- Computer lab
The building is LEED Silver Certified for sustainable elements, including a geothermal heat/cooling system, use of native plants, and water reuse system used for landscape irrigation and fire track tanker truck refilling.
Community organizations can rent Western's Public Safety Training Facility spaces, including the firing ranges, driving courses, fire training bay, grass drill area, training pond, wildland drill area, forensic lab, and classrooms.
For more information, contact email@example.com or 608-269-1611.