Please contact us for more information.
Incarcerated Youth and Adults Program
The Learner Support and Transition Division provides adult education, basic literacy, and GED services to individuals held in area detention centers through our Project Proven program. The services are provided in collaboration with jail staff at the County of La Crosse.
Learner Support works closely with local law enforcement officials and agencies to provide instruction and services to formerly incarcerated individuals to help increase the likelihood of a successful transition from jail into the community. The focus is on helping participants:
- Complete the GED/HSED and/or enroll in college or certification programming
- Gain or improve upon skills to assist in obtaining employment such as filling out applications, interviewing, resume development, job search, and networking
- Gain or improve upon skills to help maintain a job such as interpersonal relations, conflict resolution, customer service, etc.
- Identify community resources that may be useful
- Budgeting and financial management
- Basic computer skills training
Hear from our Students
Western’s Project Proven program changes lives. We asked some of our students two questions:
- What does Western mean to you?
- What is your favorite part about being a Western student?
Watch their responses.
Support Project Proven
Project Proven serves hundreds of students every year. To help support these students, we have created the Proven Fund, which aims to reduce specific barriers that hinder our students’ abilities to move forward. 100% of your donations—and the proceeds from our shirt sales—will be placed in the Proven Fund.