Please contact us for more information.
Incarcerated Youth and Adults Program
The Learner Support and Transition Division provides adult education, basic literacy, and GED services to individuals held in area detention centers through our Project Proven program. The services are provided in collaboration with jail staff at the County of La Crosse.
Learner Support works closely with local law enforcement officials and agencies to provide instruction and services to formerly incarcerated individuals to help increase the likelihood of a successful transition from jail into the community. The focus is on helping participants:
- Complete the GED/HSED and/or enroll in college or certification programming
- Gain or improve upon skills to assist in obtaining employment such as filling out applications, interviewing, resume development, job search, and networking
- Gain or improve upon skills to help maintain a job such as interpersonal relations, conflict resolution, customer service, etc.
- Identify community resources that may be useful
- Budgeting and financial management
- Basic computer skills training
Hear from our Students
Western’s Project Proven program changes lives. We asked some of our students two questions:
- What does Western mean to you?
- What is your favorite part about being a Western student?
Watch their responses.
Support Project Proven
Project Proven serves hundreds of students every year. To help support these students, we have created the Proven Fund, which aims to reduce specific barriers that hinder our students’ abilities to move forward. 100% of your donations—and the proceeds from our shirt sales—will be placed in the Proven Fund.
Lawyers for Learners: Free, Confidential Legal Help
Legal problems can be overwhelming, confusing and time consuming. They may be affecting your ability to attend classes or go to work, and you may not know what to do or who to talk to.
Lawyers for Learners can help. Experienced legal experts can answer questions and provide legal advice at no charge to you. The topics they can help with include:
- Criminal records
- Driver’s license restoration
- Family matters
- Housing. Immigration
- And more
Take control of your legal problem so you can move forward with your life. Get started today!
Western Technical College partners with Lawyers for Learners, which collaborates with a variety of legal experts to offer free and confidential legal assistance to Western Technical College students and the Western Technical College community. Western Technical College does not provide legal advice or assistance.
Please be advised that you are receiving legal advice from a participating legal service provider, who is an independent entity. This means that Western Technical College and their agents are not responsible for any advice given to you. Such advice is given solely by the legal service provider, who is not an agent, employee or representative of Western Technical College and its agents.