An advisor can help you determine which tests to take.
Assessment Services conducts all testing at Western. We administer GED exams, the ACCUPLACER test that is required for course placement, and a variety of other assessments that are required for certain programs.
Visit the ACCUPLACER page for more information about that assessment test.
Things to Remember
- Bring a current photo ID and payment for your test.
- Child care is not provided.
- Only those authorized to test are allowed in the testing room.
The following items are not allowed in the testing room:
- Electronic devices including cell phones, pages, tables, iPods, laptop computers, or calculators
- Watches, Fitbits, or other wrist jewelry
- Jackets, coats, hats, scarves, sunglasses, or hoodie sweatshirts
- Purses, brief cases, backpacks, or wallets
- Get plenty of rest and eat properly prior to the test to help you concentrate and stay focused.
- The session can take up to 2-3 hours.
- Plan to arrive a few minutes before your scheduled placement testing session to allow for time to park on campus, use the restroom, pay for your test, and check in for testing.
- Be sure you understand the directions for each test before that test session begins. Ask questions if needed.
- Read each question carefully until you understand what the question is asking.
- If answering an item requires several steps, be sure you consider them all.
- If you have a problem or question during the test, raise your hand, and the test administrator or proctor will help you. Although they cannot answer test questions for you, they can help you with other types of problems.
If you are in need of specific testing accommodations, you will need to meet qualifying criteria. Please contact our Access and Language Services Office at 608-785-9875.