The Union Market is closed to the public for the Spring 2021 term. For Western students and staff, we are open for breakfast and lunch to go. The seating area is available when the Union Market is open.
Starting January 25, we will be delivering Erbert and Gerbert's Subs & Soups using EatStreet!
The Union Market is located on the La Crosse main campus, first floor of the Kumm Center. Our hours are:
- Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m-2:30 p.m.
- Friday, 7:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Breakfast is served whenever we're open. Hub's Burgers & Sandwiches, Erbert and Gerbert's Subs & Soups, 7th Street Burritos, and Fast & Fresh grab and go areas are open 10:30 a.m.-close. Chops Mongolian Grill and Cavalini's Pizza will be closed for the Spring term due to COVID-19.
Guidance and Planning from Western Food Service for Spring of 2021
In response to COVID-19, Western Food Service will be following guidance from the CDC and La Crosse County Health Department to do our best to keep employees and guests safe during this challenging time. While this is the most updated information to date, there will continue to be changes as we work with the Health Department to respond to the changing nature of COVID-19.
- Employees and guests will wear face coverings.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing in high contact areas.
- Sanitizer available for customer use before and after transaction.
- Screening procedures prior to entering Kumm Center. See map showing entrance to Kumm Center.
- No refills or the use of reusable beverage containers.
- Serving areas will have social distancing guidelines.
- Installation of barriers and sneeze shields at service and cashier locations.
Menu and Dining Updates
- Union Market will have designated seating areas available and will follow social distancing and frequent cleaning procedures. All meals will be put in “to-go” containers.
- Salad bar will be closed, but prepackaged salads will be available in the grab n go area.
- We will be working with the Residence Hall on a procedure to order ahead for dinner meals picked up before 2:00 p.m. as well as meal delivery for those that are not able to leave their Residence Hall due to quarantine.
Follow us on Facebook for announcements.
Erbert and Gerbert's Subs & Soups
The popular chain sandwich shop offers a variety of hot and cold sandwiches, and several varieties of soup served daily!
Hub's Burgers & Sandwiches
Visit Hub's for a variety of delicious, hot food, including breakfast classics, burgers, grilled sandwiches, chicken tenders, fries, and cheese curds.
7th Street Burritos
Choose one of our many unique, build-your-own burritos, nachos, or taco salads, made with fresh ingredients.
Fast & Fresh
A variety of chef-made soups, a build-your-own salad bar with a variety of fresh produce, and ready-made cold sandwiches, salads, desserts, and beverages for those on the go.
Chops Mongolian Grill
The hotspot fo the Union Market features "create-your-own stir fry," using a variety of vegetables, meats, sauces, and spices to create your own meal. You'll choose it; we'll cook it.
Chops is closed due to COVID-19. Please check out our other menus.
Handmade pizza is prepared and cooked in front of you. Choose it by-the-slice or take a whole pizza to go. Specialty pizzas are sure to catch your attention.
Cavalini's is closed due to COVID-19. Please check out our other menus.