If you have earned credits from another regionally accredited college/university, you can request Credit Transfer, which can help you save time and money. Please keep in mind that Western Technical College is only able to accept credit for transfer if it meets the following criteria:
- Credit is directly applicable to currently declared degree.
- Credit was earned with a letter grade of “C” or higher.
- Credit was earned at a Regionally Accredited College/University.
- Credit is equivalent to a course that Western presently offers (e.g., course competencies, course credits, etc.).
Additional credits may also be transferable with supporting documentation. If you want to pursue other course(s), you will need to obtain the course syllabus, description and learning objectives from the institution attended and submit them to Western. The supporting documentation is then forwarded to the appropriate Division for review by our instructors. Please allow 14 business days for a response.
- Credits are transferred; grades are not.
- Credits transferred from another school do not affect a student’s grade-point average.
- Western credits are expressed in semester hours. When transferring credit from institutions that utilize another form of academic credit (quarter hours/trimester), the credits may not transfer seamlessly.
- Time limits exist in some programs to ensure that transfer credits meet present-day academic standards. Information Technology (IT) and Software courses older than five years will not be accepted for transfer credit.
In order for you to receive transfer credit:
- You must have applied to Western Technical College and been admitted.
- Request official transcripts from any/all prior educational institutions attended and have them sent directly to:
Western Technical College
400 7th Street N
La Crosse, WI 54601