We are excited that you have taken the time to learn more about everything Western has to offer for international students. Western provides affordable, quality education and resources to help you succeed. We encourage international students from around the world to apply to one of our many programs.
The steps to become an international student at Western are listed below. We recommend that you begin this process at least 6-12 months before you would like to enroll.
- Choose your degree/technical diploma/certificate
- Apply to Western
- Submit forms and documents to Western
- Submit your high school/post-secondary transcripts (must be original and in English)
- Send in your TOEFL/IELTS scores (valid up to three years)
- Write a letter explaining your intention to return home after completing education at Western (view sample letter)
- Submit a financial verification form (Form 1)
- Provide official bank statements (checking account, savings account, or other asset statements - must be original and in English)
- Provide proof of housing (view sample letter)
- Provide proof of health insurance
- Provide Affidavit of Support I-134 (if student is being sponsored by a U.S. resident)
- Submit emergency contact information (Form 2)
- Provide copy of current passport
- Provide copy of receipt for proof of payment of SEVIS form I-901 ($350.00 USD)
- Submit transfer-in/transfer-out form (applicable only if student is a current F1 student)
- Read our general information and use this checklist as a guide
Please submit your materials to:
400 7th Street North
La Crosse, WI 54601
Check out the full international student life cycle (F1/M1).