Admissions Coaches are available throughout your application process. Have questions or need advice? Just ask.
Let’s get started!
Whether you are applying for a Western program or just taking a credit class, simply click the link below to start our online application. Once started, you will have access to an online application portal that keeps you informed of your status.
Watch our videos!
Step 1: Choose a Program
- Review the program offerings.
- Unsure which program you would like to pursue? We can help! Connect with a Admissions Coach, visit the Welcome Center, or call 608-785-9553 for additional guidance.
- High school students – connect with a High School Admissions Coach right at your school!
- Military connected students - connect with the Veteran Military Center at Western
- Already a student and thinking about changing your program? Meet with a College Advisor or call 608-785-9553.
Step 2: Complete Your Application
- Application Fee Waived for 2021 Spring, Summer, and Fall terms.
- Beginning with the 2022 Spring term, the standard $30 nonrefundable application fee will again be required to complete the application for associate’s degree, technical diploma, or certificate programs. You may pay your application fee online with an electronic check or credit card. Apply now or download a printable application to pay with cash.
Step 3: Submit Transcripts
- If you are applying for an associate's degree or technical diploma program, submit transcripts from high school and all previous colleges attended.
Step 4: Submit Testing Scores
- Due to COVID-19, Western has temporarily discontinued ACCUPLACER testing. We have implemented additional options for you to meet the admissions and course placement requirements, even if you do not qualify for our standard testing waivers. What do you need to do? Just submit your application! As necessary, an Admissions Coach will reach out to you to discuss your high school and/or college history to determine the appropriate courses and next steps. This practice will be in place until ACCUPLACER testing can safely resume.
Step 5: Complete Any Additional Program Requirements
- Depending on the program, there may be additional requirements to complete the admissions process. The specific requirements are listed on each program page.
After you send your application
- Watch Your Email for Further Information
Check your personal email or your application portal (created when you begin the online application process) for updates, including notice of any missing program admissions requirements and your notice of acceptance.
- Complete Any Additional Requirements
Depending on the program, there may be additional requirements to complete the admissions process. Refer to your specific program page for more information about what's needed.
- Apply for Financial Aid
If you have not already done so, now is the time to invest 30 minutes in your financial future by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Work with the Veteran Military Center for benefit processing.
- Apply for Scholarships
Don't miss the scholarship application deadline. Check out the scholarships page.
- Join Western on Facebook
Connect with Western to get all of the latest news and happenings.
- Learn About Transfer Credit
If you have earned college credit for classes taken in high school, attended another college in the past, or believe you may have work experience that applies to your program, find out how Western can help you obtain credit for prior learning.
- Register for Classes
Watch your mail for a letter with instructions on when you are eligible to register for classes.
- Purchase Textbooks
After registering, you will have access to a list of books and supplies on your MyWestern account. You can purchase them at the bookstore prior to the first class.
- Attend Welcome Week
If you’re new to Western, you’ll be required to attend Welcome Week before classes start, to get an overview of the resources available to you. Information will be sent to you with available date and time options.
- Pay Your Tuition
Western offers a variety of ways to pay tuition. These include cash, money order, traveler’s checks, check/credit card, installment payment plan, scholarships, financial aid, veteran's benefits, and agency/employer sponsorship.
- Attend Classes and Earn Your Degree
If you need assistance at Western, please refer to any of our support services. We look forward to seeing you on campus and involved with student life.