The Student Life Office can assist with student questions and concerns.
Western Technical College provides students with certain information regarding the College, its programs, services, and practices as required by the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act, enacted in 1990 (34 CFR Part 668). This information includes a variety of academic information; information regarding financial assistance; institutional information; completion rate, retention rate, or graduation rate information; College security policies and crime statistics; athletic participation rates; and financial aid. To assist you in easily locating and using this information, we are providing the reference list below.
We feel it's important that, as a student, you know your rights and responsibilities, which reflect Western's values — excellence, diversity, integrity, and respect. It's also important for you to have the opportunity to let us know if we're not living up to those values.
We encourage you to view our profile on the National Center for Education Statistics for more details not included here. College Navigator: Western Technical College
About Western Technical College
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Programs
- Cost of Attendance: Tuition or Net Price Calculator
- Faculty Credentials
- Gender and Ethnicity Enrollment Information
- Outcomes-Based Funding
- Services to Students with Disabilities
- Staff Directory and Departments
- Student Handbook
- Western at a Glance
Policies and Procedures
- Academic Dishonesty
- Academic Suspension Appeal Process
- Admission Policy
- Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Statement
- Alcohol and Drug Policy for Employees and Students
- Drop and Withdrawal Policy
- Drug Free Schools and Community Act
- Gender Discrimination and Reporting Sexual Misconduct
- Grade Appeals Process
- Missing Persons
- Nondiscrimination Policy
- Privacy of Student Records (FERPA)
- Refund Policy
- Snow Closing
- Student Code of Conduct
- Student Harassment and Sexual Harassment Policy
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Tobacco-Free Campus
- Technology Use
- Transfer of Credits to Western
- Voter Registration Guidelines
Reporting Concerns or Incidents
- Behavior Intervention Team Report Form - If you are concerned about a student who may be in extreme distress or may engage in harmful or disruptive behaviors.
- Bias Incident Report Form - To report hate or bias incidents based on gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
- General Feedback Form - To submit a compliment, suggestion, or concern. For a grievance, complete this form to initiate the first steps of the grievance procedure.
- Incident Report Form - To report general incidents, such as theft, safety concerns, and other conflicts.
- Sexual Misconduct/Gender Discrimination - To report an incident involving an alleged of sexual misconduct such as sexual harassment, sexual assault, gender-based harassment, relationship violence, domestic violence, and/or stalking.
- Student Conduct or Academic Dishonesty - To report any alleged violations of the Student Code of Conduct.
- Student Grievance - To report a concern with a staff member or department at Western.
- Campus Map and Parking
- Campus Safety and Security
- Crime Statistics and Security Policies
- Emergency Preparedness
- Parking Permits
Financial Aid Information
- Application Process
- Determining Financial Need
- Financial Aid and Withdrawal Policy
- Financial Aid Overview
- Financial Wellness
- How and When Financial Aid will be Disbursed
- Standards for Satisfactory Academic Process
- Types of Aid
Federal Student Aid Programs
- Federal Direct Loans
- Federal Direct Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
- Federal Pell Grants
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (SEOG)
- Federal Work-Study