The Student Life Office can assist with student questions and concerns.
Western Technical College provides students with certain information regarding the College, its programs, services, and practices as required by the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act, enacted in 1990 (34 CFR Part 668). This information includes a variety of academic information; information regarding financial assistance; institutional information; completion rate, retention rate, or graduation rate information; College security policies and crime statistics; athletic participation rates; and financial aid. To assist you in easily locating and using this information, we are providing the reference list below.
We feel it's important that, as a student, you know your rights and responsibilities, which reflect Western's values — excellence, diversity, integrity, and respect. It's also important for you to have the opportunity to let us know if we're not living up to those values.
We encourage you to view our profile on the National Center for Education Statistics for more details not included here. College Navigator: Western Technical College
About Western Technical College
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Programs
- Cost of Attendance: Tuition or Net Price Calculator
- Gender and Ethnicity Enrollment Information
- Outcomes-Based Funding
- Professional Licensure Disclosure
- Services to Students with Disabilities
- Staff Directory and Departments
- Student Handbook
- Western at a Glance
- Career and Placement Services
Policies and Procedures
- Academic Integrity Policy
- Academic Standing Policy
- Academic Suspension Appeal Process
- Admission Policy
- Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Statement
- Alcohol and Drug Policy for Employees and Students
- Drop and Withdrawal Policy
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program (DAAPP)
- Excused Absence Policy
- Grade Appeals Process
- Harassment and Nondiscrimination Policy
- Missing Persons
- Privacy of Student Records (FERPA)
- Refund Policy
- Sexual Harassment and Discrimination
- Snow Closing
- Student Code of Conduct
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Tobacco-Free Campus
- Technology Use
- Transfer of Credits to Western
- Voter Registration Guidelines
Reporting Concerns or Incidents
- Academic Integrity Report - To report alleged violations of academic integrity, such as cheating, plagiarism, fabrication, etc.
- Care Team Referral Form - If you are concerned about a student who may be in extreme distress or may engage in harmful or disruptive behaviors.
- Bias Incident Report Form - To report hate or bias incidents based on gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Feedback Form - To submit a compliment, suggestion or concern regarding Western personnel, services, programs or activities, processes, or facilities.
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Form - Students, faculty, staff, and members of the public may submit a concern to Western’s accrediting agency to identify substantive problems with the college.
- Incident Report Form - To report general incidents, such as theft, safety concerns, and other conflicts.
- Injury/Illness Report - To report an accident resulting in injury, an illness/medical emergency, or a workplace/learning environment injury.
- Sexual Harassment and Discrimination - To report an incident involving an allegation of sexual misconduct such as sexual harassment, sexual assault, gender-based harassment, relationship violence, domestic violence, stalking, and/or any incident of discrimination based on a protected characteristic.
- Student Code of Conduct Report - To report any alleged violations of the Student Code of Conduct.
- Campus Map and Parking
- Campus Safety and Security
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery)
- Emergency Preparedness
- Parking Permits
- College Navigator
- College-Wide Outcomes (SuccessAbilities)
- Graduate Outcomes (Employment Statistics)
- Trend Data – Cohort Graduation Rates and Retention Rates
Financial Aid Information
- Application Process
- Determining Financial Need
- Financial Aid and Withdrawal Policy
- Financial Aid Overview
- Financial Wellness
- How and When Financial Aid will be Disbursed
- Standards for Satisfactory Academic Process
- Types of Aid
Federal Student Aid Programs
- Federal Direct Loans
- Federal Direct Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
- Federal Pell Grants
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (SEOG)
- Federal Work-Study