Forms and Military Policies
COVID-19 Drop and Withdrawal for Military-Connected Students – Temporary – Expires June 1, 2022
In relation to COVID-19, the following information has temporarily been included under the academic Grading Policy and Procedure for military-connected students.
In compliance with Federal Law H.R. 7105, Section EC. 1104 Veteran and service members who utilize VA education benefits and withdraw from a program or course related to the COVD-19 emergency between March 1, 2020 and ending December 21, 2021, may be covered for the following reasons:
- illness, quarantine, or social distancing requirements;
- issues associated with COVID–19 testing accessibility;
- access or availability of childcare;
- providing care for a family member or cohabitants;
- change of location or residence due to COVID–19 or associated school closures;
- employment changes or financial hardship; and
- issues associated with changes in format or medium of instruction.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Veteran Military Center.
This federal website contains handouts, fact sheets, and forms for many of the available benefits.
Other important forms:
Application for Reimbursement of National Exam Fee
Application for VA Education Benefits
Application for Individualized Tutorial Assistance
Request for Change of Program or Place of Training
Application for Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance
Request for Change of Program or Place of Training for Dependents' Educational Assistance
Application for Work-Study Allowance
Application for Educational Assistance Test Program Benefits
Attendance letter for Champ VA – please contact Western’s Veteran Military Center
Transfer Credit Evaluation Form
Request a copy of DD 214 – EVETRECS
Western Policy E0203 includes the following policies:
- Priority Enrollment
- Section 702-WI Act 21
- Withdrawal Policy for Call Up
- Policy on Absence Due to Military Service
Policy on Absence for VA medical appointments is covered in Non-emergent Excused Absence policy in the student handbook.