To support the operations of the Athletic Department.
Additional work-study positions will be posted on an on-going basis. Students who are interested in applying for a work-study position are encouraged to complete an application and submit it to the supervisor of the interested position.
Athletics Student Assistant
Assist in the operations of the Athletics department including but not limited to marketing/promotion, compliance support, recruitment, and event logistics.
Current Western student with an interest in athletics, marketing and promotion.
Bio-Med Lab Assistant
Maintain Bio-Med equipment and lab operations, and process data for bio-med program.
Cleaning the lab, organizing, lab set-up, lab development, photo copying of assignments and handouts, repair of lab equipment and electronic devices, repair services to medical equipment in other parts of the campus including RT, EMT, CLT and Nursing, data entry or Microsoft office editing, tutor or lead study groups and other duties as assigned.
Skills with electronics or computer maintenance or computer networking preferred or admitted to the HTM or an electronics program. Skills with word or access preferred. Able to move and lift equipment up to 30 lbs.
Clerical/Office Assistant - Financial Aid Resources & Planning Services
To assist the Financial Aid Resource and Planning Services office with every day duties as well as getting experience for the future.
Providing customer service to students, parents, and staff while answering questions regarding financial aid, answering phones and email, data entry, assisting students with completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), mailing, scanning, filing, general office duties and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, dependable, good customer service, attention to detail, ability to work with confidential information.
Clerical/Office Assistant - Health Science Center
To assist the administrative assistant with assignments for health-related programs and to clean lab equipment.
Creating and updating documents in Word and Excel for faculty and staff, cleaning lab equipment, shredding, copying, sorting mail, filing, breaking down cardboard boxes, and other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to work independently, strong organizational skills, motivated, basic computer knowledge, scanning and electronic filling, problem solving skills, and the ability to adapt to various situations.
Clerical/Office Assistant - Tomah
To help the Tomah office with general office duties as well as give the student work experience for the future.
Answering phones, copying instructional materials, filing, greeting students, staff and community members, and other duties as assigned.
Basic office skills and excellent customer service.
608-374-7700 ext 77101
Enrollment Services Staff
Provide clerical support and front line customer service.
Filing, scanning, answering phones, front line customer service, assist with events and tours, and other duties as assigned.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office, operate standard office equipment, lift boxes, and communicate effectively face-to-face.
Front Office Student Coordinator
Assist the Departments of Career Services and Equity, Inclusion, & Community Engagement in providing friendly and helpful customer service to students, staff, and faculty who visit the space (located in The SPACE). Help maintain inventory in the Cavalier Cupboard.
- Customer Service
- Welcome students, staff, and faculty as they enter The SPACE
- Have knowledge of office services and programs
- Answer questions (in-person and by phone) about the Departments of Career Services and Equity, Inclusion, & Community Engagement
- Schedule student appointments with Career Services Staff
- Effectively communicate concerns and student needs
- Assist students with computer needs
- Refer questions and requests to appropriate staff people in the office
- Office Support
- Organize and maintain inventory of the Cavalier Cupboard (campus food pantry) and hygiene baskets
- Assist students in accessing the Cupboard and other resources
- Maintain confidentiality with student records and information
- Assist Community Based Learning Specialist with UGetConnected website maintenance (e.g. approving service hours, email community agencies, updating contact information, etc.)
- Help with filing, copying, and inventory
- Assist with office programs (e.g. sign-ins, recruitment)
- Help create marketing/promotional materials for office programs and resources
- Maintain office cleanliness (e.g. wiping down tables, countertops, desks, etc.)
- Some light lifting is required (up to 30 pounds)
- Other tasks as assigned
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools
- Dependable and Reliable
- Collaborative and able to work independently
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willingness to learn
- Flexible schedule
- Excited to help students succeed
- Respectful to all community members
Students with availability on Wednesdays and Thursdays are preferred.
IT - Cybersecurity Lab Assistant
To support the IT - Cybersecurity and Network Administration program with equipment maintenance and lab testing.
Maintain and organize labs when needed, support the instructors with equipment maintenance in B21, B214, B216 and B217. Will also troubleshoot errors in existing labs and prototype new technologies for future labs as needed.
Must be a student in the IT - Cybersecurity and Network Administration program. Will be skilled in configuring and setting up Cisco Packet Tracer and physical networking equipment such as routers and switches. Student will be practiced in Windows Server OSs, Windows Workstation Oss, VMware, and Linux. Must be able to take direction, work independently, be self-motivated and demonstrate critical thinking abilities to independently solve problems.
Media Center Assistant
To assist the staff in running the department smoothly and to gain work experience for the future.
Cover Help desk and phone. Assist with classroom technology setups.
Experience in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows. Mac experience is helpful. Basic hardware and software knowledge and customer service experience a plus.
Office Assistant - Health & Public Safety
To learn office work and gain experience and assist the Health and Public Safety Division office in their everyday roles and processes.
Assist Program Assistants, answer phones, data entry, copy/scan documents, assist Nursing and EMS TA's when needed. Other job duties as assigned.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, dependable, good customer service, attention to detail, ability to work with confidential information. Student in Business program preferred.
Residence Hall Desk Assistant - Resident Hall
To provide information, support, and services for residents in the Residence Hall community. Desk Assistants are often the first face residents and guests see, making interpersonal and organization skills keys to success.
•Being a role model to other community members by following all Residence Life policies
•Being punctual and professional and valuing customer service
•Assisting residents with questions or concerns, and referring to appropriate resources or Residence Life staff when needed
•Keeping desk area clean and well organized
•Maintaining all desk logs and forms (paper and electronic),
•Effectively distributing mail and packages to all residents, and forward mail accordingly for non-residents
•Meeting regularly the Hall Director for training, scheduling, and performance evaluation
•Other duties as assigned by the Hall Director
Be in good academic and judicial standing, model successful interpersonal and organizational skills. Prefer a residence hall occupant.
Shop Assistant - Automotive
To provide assistance and support for the automotive staff.
General shop clean-up, lifting and moving training aids, maintenance of vehicle training fleet and other duties as assigned.
Must be in Automotive Program
Union Market Food Service Assistant - Union Market
A Union Market student employee is responsible for all phases of food service at Western Technical College. Setup, service, cashiering, and clean up all fall within the scope of this position. Each position will fluctuate depending on time of day and specific needs.
- Take and give patrons quick and courteous service.
- Prepare customer’s order using the proper recipe, portion and technique.
- Follow proper cooking, storage, and food handling techniques as trained.
- Keep work area clean, safe, and orderly at all times.
- Complete training on all pieces of equipment prior to use.
- Assist in all phases of set up, service and clean up in operation as needed.
- Accurately and efficiently tell and charge patrons for purchases.
- Assure security of cash register.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Team Members must be efficient, dependable, and able to carry out instructions independently. A professional demeanor, in addition to strong communication and customer service skills are imperative. Work hours will vary depending on hours of operation and the student’s availability. Generally, team members will work day and evening shifts. No experience needed we will train you.
For more information, contact the Work-Study Coordinator: