Have questions or concerns related to Western’s COVID-19 precautions and preventive measures? Contact Western's Health Response Team at HealthResponse@westerntc.edu or 608-789-6262.
If you are feeling sick, please stay home and monitor your symptoms closely. Get tested if you are exposed to or have symptoms of COVID-19. The Student Health Center has at-home tests available for pick up. If you test positive, follow the CDC’s recommendations for isolation.
For vaccinations, we recommend you visit nearby Walgreens, Mayo Clinic Health System, or Gundersen Health System clinic.
Additional information: https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus#tab=tab_1
Contact your personal health care provider or the Student Health Center at 608-785-8558 with any COVID-19 questions.
COVID-19 Safety Recommendations
Consistent with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the La Crosse County Health Department and the Western Health Response Team, the following recommendations will help to protect yourself and others from community spread:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, and keyboards.
- Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash. Do not spit.