If you have earned credits from other educational institutions, you can request Credit Transfer, which can help you save time and money. Credit Transfer from another accredited college, technical college, high school transcripted credit, or university may be awarded for course work when earning a "C" or higher.
- Credits are transferred; grades are not.
- Credits transferred from another school do not affect a student’s grade-point average.
- Western credits are expressed in semester hours. When transferring credit from institutions that utilize another form of academic credit (quarter hours/trimester), the credits may not transfer seamlessly.
- Time limits exist in some programs to ensure that transfer credits meet present-day academic standards. Math courses older than seven years and Information Technology (IT) and Software courses older than five years will not be accepted for transfer credit. Evaluation and acceptance of credits completed 10 years prior to the transfer request date shall be made at the discretion of the college.
In order for you to receive transfer credit:
- You must have applied to Western Technical College and been admitted.
- Request official transcripts from any/all prior educational institutions attended and have them sent directly to:
Western Technical College
400 7th Street N
La Crosse, WI 54601