Students in Western’s Web and Software Developer and Graphic Design programs are excited to work with you on your website project for your organization. Thank you for helping our students create real-life work that will provide them with a valuable learning experience and quality portfolio pieces.
Please review the following:
- Western only takes on work that fits the instructional content of the courses and furthers the social and common good within our communities.
- Consequently, projects large in scope may need multiple terms to be completed.
- Western also reserves the right to turn away project requests due to resource limitations, student availability, and organizational status (e.g. non-profit vs for-profit, hobby websites, etc.).
- Communication is very important. We ask that all clients make themselves available for project meetings and respond to emails and phone calls promptly (within 2 business days). We will do our best to follow the same standard for communication. Clients must meet deadlines for requested materials.
- While students will try to deliver a product that fits each client's needs, we cannot guarantee your final design will be a "perfect fit.”
- For the purpose of this request form, the terms “design” and “build” mean different things.
- Design refers to the visual look and feel of the site (things like page layout, navigation structure, color scheme, typography, readability, and image and icon styling). The site design is static and will not work. It is a visual representation of the design to be built (coded).
- Build refers to the structure of a website upon which design happens.
- There is no charge for labor or electronic files.
- We cannot host development sites for you, nor can we permanently host digital files for you on our server. Instead, our students will need access to your current site and can temporarily host digital files during the course of the project.
- After the form is submitted, you will be added to a work list and contacted within 3-5 business days. No guarantees can be made that your request will be taken.
- If you agree to these terms, click the "I Agree" button below to continue to the request form.