The Individualized Technical Studies (ITS) associate degree is a flexible program intended for students with specific career goals that can’t be met by other degree programs at Western. It is a customized program that allows you to draw from a variety of existing courses in traditional disciplines and programs. You are encouraged to explore credit for prior learning (CPL) based on previous work experience, coursework, and military service training. CPL enables you to accelerate the completion of your educational goals.
Examples of an ITS degree could be:
- Childcare Administration: Combining Early Childhood core program classes with Human Services and Business and Management courses
- Marketing and Design: Pairing courses from Marketing with Art, A/V Technology, and Communications courses
- Criminal Justice Management: Combining Law, Public Safety, and Security courses with Business, Management, and Administration courses
- Business Management & Sales: Coupling Business and Management with Administration and Marketing courses
- Computer Support Manager: Pairing Information Technology courses with Business or Management with Administration courses