In compliance with Wisconsin Act AB201, Western proudly offers eligible Veterans and Service Members the opportunity to receive priority course enrollment. Service members must submit eligible documents verifying status to Western’s Veteran Military Center (VMC).
New students can submit any one of the following items to document qualification:
- DD 214/DD 215
- NGB22/22A – National Guard report of separation and record of service
- Reserve Credit Report and "Discharge Order & Point Summary"
- Letter from commanding officer on letterhead with original signature
- Current orders
- Letter from County Veteran Service officer on letterhead with original signature
Veterans and service member resources to document military service:
- National Archives (evetrecs)
- WI County Veteran Service Officer
- U.S. Army Human Resources Command Website
- Wisconsin Department of Veteran Affairs
- National Guard Website (The National Guard belongs to the individual state, not to the federal government, there's not a central repository for National Guard records. To obtain a copy of your NGB Form 22/22A, contact the National Guard Adjutant General's Office for the particular state in which you performed National Guard service.)
Submit your request for Priority Enrollment Status.
Once your service member status has been confirmed, you will automatically qualify for priority enrollment each term you are enrolled at Western. If you are not sure of your admission status you can contact Western’s Veteran Military Center or Admissions to get assistance with that information.