Where to Get Help | Western Technical College

Where to Get Help

If you are concerned about your immediate safety, call:

La Crosse Police Department 911 or 608-785-5962
Western Campus Security 608-785-9191

The police department and campus security can help keep you safe and provide resources on the options available to you.

Once you are in a safe environment, please contact one of the on-campus resources listed below.

Western students are encouraged to disclose abuse and seek help from any of the individuals listed below. However, contacting any of the resources below does not mean you must make a formal report.


  • Counseling and Case Management Services, 608-785-9553, located in Student Success Center, Room 221​, 7th Street North
  • Title IX Coordinator, Ge Vang, Manager of Student Life and Integrity, vangg@westerntc.edu or 608-785-9444, Student Life, Equity, and Engagement Office, Kumm Center Room 100, La Crosse campus


  • Great Rivers 211 – Dial 211 from any non-campus phone or 1-800-362-9255 (24-hour Crisis Hotline)
  • Mayo Health System – Franciscan Healthcare Safe Path Domestic Abuse and Sexual Assault Services, 608-791-7804 or 1-800-362-5454 ext. 27804
  • Gundersen Health System Sexual Assault Services, 608-775-5950 or 1-800-362-9567 ext. 5950
  • New Horizons Shelter and Women's Center, 608-791-2600 or 1-888-231-0066 (24/7 Hotline)
  • National Domestic Abuse Hotline, 1-800-799-SAFE (24/7 Hotline)
  • RAINN: Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network, 1-800-656-HOPE (24/7 Hotline)

Remember, experiencing violence can have long-lasting effects, so even if the violence happened some time ago, you are encouraged to contact any of the resources listed here.