If you are concerned about your immediate safety, call:
La Crosse Police Department 911 or 608-785-5962
Western Campus Security 608-785-9191
The police department and campus security can help keep you safe and provide resources on the options available to you.
Once you are in a safe environment, please contact the Violence Prevention Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-785-9468.
Western students are encouraged to disclose abuse and seek help from any of the individuals listed below. However, contacting any of the resources below does not mean you must make a formal report.
- Violence Prevention Specialist, email@example.com or 608-785-9468, located in Academic Resource Center, Room 232B (in the Multicultural Center), 400 7th Street North
- Maria Strong, Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-789-4729, located in the Welcome Center, 400 7th Street North
- Counseling Services, 608-785-9553, located in the Welcome Center
- Leah Durnin Hoover, Student Life Coordinator, email@example.com or 608-785-9446, located in the Residence Hall, 820 La Crosse Street
- Shelley McNeely, Dean of Students, firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-785-9880, located in the Kumm Center, Room 100
- Great Rivers 211 – Dial 211 from any non-campus phone or 1-800-362-9255 (24-hour Crisis Hotline)
- Mayo Health System – Franciscan Healthcare Safe Path Domestic Abuse and Sexual Assault Services, 608-791-7804 or 1-800-362-5454 ext. 27804
- Gundersen Health System Sexual Assault Services, 608-775-5950 or 1-800-362-9567 ext. 5950
- New Horizons Shelter and Women's Center, 608-791-2600 or 1-888-231-0066 (24/7 Hotline)
- National Domestic Abuse Hotline, 1-800-799-SAFE (24/7 Hotline)
- RAINN: Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network, 1-800-656-HOPE (24/7 Hotline)
Remember, experiencing violence can have long-lasting effects, so even if the violence happened some time ago, you are encouraged to contact any of the resources listed here.