To use the Cavalier Cupboard:
- Visit the Multicultural Center in the Student Success Building, Room 222.
- First-time users will be asked to fill out a client in-take form.
- The personal information in this form will be kept confidential. We will only report utilization of the pantry to gain future donations.
- A staff member will walk with you to the Cavalier Cupboard and open the space for you to grab the items you select.
- Plastic and reusable bags are available in the pantry for you to place your items.
- Only one household is allowed in the space at a time.
The Cavalier Cupboard is open 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
If you have questions about our service or need to make arrangements for a different time, you may contact us at CavalierCupboard@westerntc.edu or 608-785-9594.
About the Cavalier Cupboard
Western Technical College Equity, Inclusion and Community Engagement oversees the Cavalier Cupboard. This food pantry is designed to meet the immediate food needs of Western students by providing them with access to non-perishable food items, hygiene items, school items, diapers, and information on local resources. This service is open to all Western students with a valid student ID. Students are able to choose their own product each visit based on their household size and needs. We encourage individuals to take enough items to cover one week for their household.
The Cavalier Cupboard is affiliated with the Hunger Task Force of La Crosse.
Interested in easy-to-cook recipes that don't require many ingredients? Check out the Cavalier Cupboard Cookbook.
Black River Falls Regional Location has a mini cupboard in their resource room.
Tomah Regional Location has a mini cupboard in their student lobby.
Diesel and Heavy Equipment Center has a mini cupboard in their student lounge.
All of these mini cupboards are self-sustaining. Students can take what they need and donations can be added directly to the shelves.
Students may also want to check out food pantries in their community on Western’s Life Resources page.
We accept non-perishable food items, hygiene products, cleaning supplies, paper products, baby food and diapers, and school supplies. View a list of food we often need.
Non-perishable donations can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Business Education Center, Business Education Division Office, room 105
- Coleman Center, General Studies Division Office, room 100
- Coleman Center, 2nd floor outside of faculty offices
- Coleman Center, 2nd floor computer lab space
- Integrated Technology Center, Division Office, room 105
- Kumm Center, Student Union, next to the ATM
- Student Success Center, Department of Equity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement, room 222
- Student Success Center, Learner Support Services Division Office, room 100
- Student Success Center, Welcome Center
Cash or check donations can be dropped off at the Department of Equity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement located in the Student Success Center room 222 or make your donation online. All monetary donations are tax deductible.