Western Technical College Equity, Inclusion and Community Engagement oversees the Cavalier Cupboard. This food pantry is designed to meet the immediate food needs of Western students by providing them with access to non-perishable food items, hygiene items, school items, diapers, and information on local resources. This service is open to all Western students with a valid student ID. Students are able to choose their own product each visit based on their household size and needs. We encourage individuals to take enough items to cover one week for their household.
Learning Commons, 2nd floor Student Success Center
Cavalier Cupboard Hours
The pantry is open whenever the Learning Commons is open
On your first visit, go to the Learning Commons front desk to gain access to the pantry and complete a short form. Your student ID card will be turned on in 2-3 business days following the completion of the form. Therefore, for subsequent visits you will not need to check-in at the front desk, you can scan your ID card at the front door of the food pantry.
You may also choose to complete the access form online and wait 2-3 business days for access. You will be emailed once your access is turned on.
The Cavalier Cupboard is affiliated with the Hunger Task Force of La Crosse.
We accept non-perishable food items, hygiene products, cleaning supplies, paper products, baby food and diapers, and school supplies. View a list of food we often need.
Non-perishable donations can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Business Education Center, Business Education Division Office, room 105
- Coleman Center, General Studies Division Office, room 100
- Coleman Center, 2nd floor outside of faculty offices
- Coleman Center, 2nd floor computer lab space
- Integrated Technology Center, Division Office, room 105
- Kumm Center, Student Union, next to the ATM
- Student Success Center, Department of Equity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement, room 222
- Student Success Center, Learner Support Services Division Office, room 100
- Student Success Center, Welcome Center
Cash or check donations can be dropped off at the Department of Equity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement located in the Student Success Center room 222 or make your donation online. All monetary donations are tax deductible.