Western Technical College Community Engagement oversees the Cavalier Cupboard. This food pantry is designed to meet the immediate food needs of Western students by providing them with access to non-perishable food items, hygiene items, and information on local resources. On the last Wednesday of each month, the Cupboard also gives away seasonal, fresh produce during regular cupboard hours. This service is open to all Western students with a valid student ID number. Individuals may visit once per week and will be able to select product, filling two bags of food per visit, depending on household size. It is staffed by volunteers and student leaders.
Are you in need of a nice meal this holiday season? Sign up today.
Meal Package Distribution Hours
Tuesday, December 11, from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, December 12, from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Thursday, December 13, from 9:30-11:30 a.m.
Pickup will be at the Cavalier Cupboard in La Crosse or your RLC location (hours and days may be different).
The Cavalier Cupboard is located on the second floor of the Integrated Technology Center, La Crosse campus (on the left before the skywalk).
Cavalier Cupboard Hours
Fall and Spring Terms: Tuesdays, 2:00-4:00 p.m. and Wednesdays, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. and 4:00-6:30 p.m.
Summer Term: Wednesdays, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
The Cavalier Cupboard is affiliated with the Hunger Task Force of La Crosse.
Non-perishable Food and Hygiene Items Donations
The cupboard does accept most non-perishable donations, but could specifically use basic, nutritional items. A list of needs can be found on our needed food list. Donations can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Academic Resource Center, Learner Support Services Division Office, room 100
- Academic Resource Center, Multicultural Center, room 232
- Business Education Center, Business Education Division Office, room 105
- Coleman Center, General Studies Division Office, room 100
- Coleman Center, 2nd floor outside of faculty offices
- Coleman Center, 2nd floor computer lab space
- Integrated Technology Center, 2nd floor outside the Cupboard
- Kumm Center, Student Union, next to the ATM
- Kumm Center, Student Union, next to seating area by courtyard entrance doors
- Welcome Center, front desk
Cash or check donations can be dropped off at the Community Engagement Office located in the Academic Resource Center, second floor, or make your donation online. All monetary donations are tax deductible.