The Student Life Office can assist with student questions and concerns.
We feel it's important that, as a student, you know your rights and responsibilities, which reflect Western's values — excellence, diversity, integrity, and respect. It's also important for you to have the opportunity to let us know if we're not living up to those values.
Policies and Procedures
- Academic Suspension Appeal Process
- Admission Policy
- Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Statement
- Drop and Withdrawal Policy
- Drug Free Schools and Community Act
- Gender Discrimination and Reporting Sexual Misconduct
- Grade Appeals Process
- Nondiscrimination Policy
- Privacy of Records (FERPA)
- Refund Policy
- Snow Closing
- Student Code of Conduct
- Student Harassment and Sexual Harassment Policy
- Student Right to Know
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Tobacco-Free Campus
- Technology Use
Reporting Concerns or Incidents
- Incident Report Form - To report general incidents, such as theft, safety concerns, and other conflicts.
- Bias Incident Report Form - To report hate or bias incidents based on gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Student Grievance - To report a concern with a staff member or department at Western.
- Behavior Intervention Team Report Form - If you are concerned about a student who may be in extreme distress or may engage in harmful or disruptive behaviors.
- Student Conduct or Academic Dishonesty
- Sexual Misconduct/Gender Discrimination
- General Feedback Form