The Wellness Center has something for everyone. Whether you're just starting a fitness journey or you're a self-described fitness fanatic, we have services to help you stay on the healthy track. Our comprehensive array of services is focused on providing a well-rounded approach to wellness that incorporates education, guidance, and behavior change.
Let the Wellness Center’s certified personal trainer help you reach your fitness goals! A personal trainer will give you a program just right for you and provide expertise on fitness education, proper posture and exercise technique, cardiovascular and strength training, body composition, and flexibility development. In addition, our trainers can give you the accountability and motivation you cannot get on your own.
To get started or just to learn more, request a 30-minute consultation, where you can meet with a personal trainer and discuss your fitness goals.
The Kickstart Package
This package is perfect for the new or existing member who wants to begin an exercise program with the help of a certified personal trainer. This package is also designed for the previous exerciser who wants to re-establish goals and get back on track. You will receive:
- Free consultation
- Health history evaluation
- Fitness assessment
- Goal setting
- 4 one-on-one 30-minute sessions with a certified personal trainer
|Wellness Center Members||$84|
This package is perfect if you want someone to help challenge you, change your outlook, and build your confidence. Your workout is performed under the supervision of a personal trainer weekly or bi-weekly to ensure safety and efficiency of the workout. Whatever you're trying to achieve, our personal trainers will help you get there with the motivation and expertise only they can provide. You will receive:
- Health history evaluation
- Goal setting
- Work-outs designed for you based on your goals, health history, and fitness level
|3 Sessions||5 Sessions||10 Sessions|
This program is perfect for someone who wants to work out with a friend, save money, and still have a great workout! Our personal trainers will present a dynamic, varied exercise routine designed to enable partners to attain their common goals. Studies show a workout buddy increases motivation and overall enjoyment of the sessions-the results are twice as nice! With the Partner Training Package, you receive:
- Health history evaluation
- Goal setting
- Work-outs designed for you & your partner based on your goals, health history, and fitness level
- A fun and comfortable experience that only comes from working out with a friend
*Note: partner package participants must have the same goals and fitness level. Program will be identical and work-outs will be with the trainer at the same time.
A fitness assessment is a great way for you to determine your current level of fitness. These measurements can be an invaluable tool when developing a fitness plan or when looking at the impact your fitness level has on your quality of life now and into the future. The assessments measure resting heart rate, blood pressure, height and weight, flexibility, muscular strength and endurance, body composition, measurements, and aerobic capacity.
Cost is $25 for students, members, or non-members.
Body Composition Test
Our trainers can perform a body fat composition test with skin calipers. The results are then calculated and the percentage of body fat is determined. Body girth measurements will also be performed, which includes waist, hip, chest, arm, and thigh circumference.
Cost is $3 for students, members, or non-members.
Personal Training Consultation
A consultation is a 30-minute meeting with a personal trainer where you can discuss your fitness goals and expectations. Based on this, along with your health and fitness history, the personal trainer can make recommendations on future exercise program options. Every twelve months, Wellness Center members are entitled to one free personal training consultation.
Please fill out the Personal Training Consultation form and a personal trainer will contact you within two business days to set up your appointment.
Cost is free for members, $25 for non-members.
What is Massage Therapy?
According to the American Massage Therapy Association, massage is a hands-on manipulation of soft tissue and joints of the body and may include muscle, tendons and ligaments. Techniques may involve holding, causing movement, and/or applying pressure to the body. Western has a professional massage therapist on staff.
How is it Beneficial?
Massage therapy can provide a wealth of benefits. Research shows that massage can:
- Reduce heart-rate
- Help lower blood pressure
- Improve blood circulation, recovery time and immune system function
- Relax muscles
- Improve range of motion
- Increase endorphins
- Help manage stress
Massage may be contraindicated for specific health conditions; therefore it is important that your therapist be aware of your health history and screen appropriately before performing massage. In some instances, permission from your physician may be required before services can be provided.
Massage Options and Fees
We offer a wide variety of massage techniques. See the full list.
Choose a 30- or 60-minute table massage.
The balance massage package includes FOUR 60-minute massage appointments throughout the academic term for the price of THREE 60-minute massage appointments.*
|30-min Table||60-min Table||Balance Package|
*Balance Package massage appointments expire at the end of the academic term and cannot be used with any special offer.
Services are by appointment only. To request an appointment, please call, email, or stop by the Member Services Desk.
Payment for all services must be received in advance in order to hold appointment. Appointment will be cancelled if it is 24 hours before the appointment time and payment has not been received. The Wellness Center accepts cash, check, and credit card. Payments can be made over the phone with a card.
Twenty-four hour notice is required. Less than 24-hour cancellation or no-shows will be charged their complete session.
What is Health Coaching?
Health coaching is one-on-one guidance tailored to you. Our Certified Health Coach will guide you on your path to better health. Health coaching maximizes health and helps reduce disease risk through education and an exploration of healthy and satisfying changes.
Health Coaching Intake
The intake session is essential for success. This is the foundation of your personalized wellness plan—the important changes you need to make for the biggest impact. It’s at this point that the Health Coach will gain an understanding of your current lifestyle, your unique barriers to healthy eating, and other habits in order to establish the most successful approach.
Health Coaching Sessions
The key to behavior and nutritional change is consistency and accountability. Regular check-ins ensure you are on the right path to achieving your goals. We will assess your progress together during these regular coaching sessions. We will also evaluate barriers and introduce new and fun ways to stay on track!
To get started, request a 60-minute nutrition coaching session with our Health Coach and receive guidance to support a nutritious diet.
How Can Health Coaching Help?
- Dietary Evaluation - A dietary evaluation provides information and guidance to support a nutritious diet. This evaluation looks at current habits and identifies opportunities for healthier eating and a realistic way to reach your fitness and wellness goals.
- Lifestyle Evaluation - An overall lifestyle evaluation provides information and guidance to support a nutritious diet, exercise routine, and well-being practices. This evaluation looks at current habits and identifies opportunities for a realistic way to reach your wellness goals.
- Personalization - Each nutrition coaching session is tailored to you. Our Health Coach will help you discover what you need to achieve success. Our Health Coach will serve as your accountability person, supporter, and guide in your lifestyle changes.
- Professional Guidance - Our Health Coach will work with you to determine how to overcome obstacles in the way of living your best life. Tips, tricks, and resources will be provided to assist you in reaching your full potential. Overview of the nutrition label, discussing what are macros, grocery shopping for success, meal planning and prep, exercise ideas and motivation, self-care tips, finding time to be active, staying hydrated, sleep, stress levels, work-life balance, etc. are all areas that are explored! It is truly tailored to your needs and wants.
- Support & Accountability - It’s easy to lose sight of well-intentioned lifestyle goals. Our Health Coach provides the motivation and accountability you need to reach your goals. Weekly check-ins can be done virtually or in person. The Health Coach also provides support outside of meeting times by checking in.
- Variety - Our Health Coach will rescue you from the unrealistic diet culture. Our approach is aimed at overall lifestyle changes that are long-lasting, not a "quick fix". Each week we will discuss goals and how we can realistically meet them. Small changes lead to big success! Living a healthy lifestyle should be fun and sustainable for your future.
|Health Coaching Intake Session - A 60-minute individual session||$35||$40||$45|
|Health Coaching Sessions - A 30-minute individual session||$20||$25||$30|
|Package Deal - 4-pack Coaching Session. Health Coaching Sessions are 30 minutes. Includes free Health Coaching Intake.||$100||$110||$120|