If you live near the Sparta Public Safety Training Facility or the Tomah regional location, here are resources that may be available to you. If you would like help navigating these resources, complete the online request form.
- Couleecap Monroe County Food Pantry
Hours: Monday and Thursday – 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Address: 217 North Black River Street, Sparta, WI
Note: Bring an ID (does not have to be a photo ID) and a piece of mail with your address on it
- Neighbor for Neighbor Food Pantry
Hours: Monday – 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., 1st and 3rd Wednesday – 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m./2nd and 4th Wednesday 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Address: 1118 W. Veterans Street, Tomah, WI
- Breadbasket Ecumenical Food Pantry
Hours: Tuesday – 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Wednesday through Friday – 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Address: 114 North Water Street, Sparta, WI
- Food Share Program Western Region for Economic Assistance (WREA)
To apply, please go to https://access.wisconsin.gov
- Tomah Head Start
Address: 402 Pine St, Tomah, WI
- Kids and Co Daycare
Address: 500 E Veterans St, Tomah, WI
- Sparta Head Start Center
Address: 2111 W Wisconsin St, Sparta, WI
- Jean’s Loving Care
Hours: Mon-Fri 6:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Address: 506 Merrill St. Sparta, WI 54656
- Youngstar - A source to find all state certified day cares in the state of Wisconsin
- Childcare Assistance
- Families First
Address: 1500 North Superior Avenue, Suite #2, P. O. Box 707, Tomah, WI
- Rental Assistance Program
Address: City Hall Annex, 107 E Milwaukee St., Tomah, WI
- Monroe County Housing Authority
Address: 1108 W Wisconsin St Apt 103, Sparta, WI
- Sparta Angelo Apartments
Address: 1020 Angelo Road, Sparta, WI
- Tomah Transit
- Sparta Cab
Address: 414 E. Oak Street, Sparta, WI 54656
- S.M.R.T Bus
To receive SMRT Bus Updates, text ridesmrt to 662-200-4303
Bus schedule: https://ridesmrt.com/wp-content/uploads/SMRT-Bus-Sched.pdf
- Work ‘N Wheels with Couleecap
- Couleecap: Financial Support for Students
- Workforce Connections: Job Finder
Contact: 608-789-5620 or 608-785-9939
- WIOA (Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act) Request Form
- Student Emergency Funding - If you experience an unexpected financial hardship, Emergency Funding is available. Covered expenses may include dependent care, gas, background checks, limited tuition, medical expenses, utilities, vehicle repairs, food, and housing. Please complete the Resource Request Form to apply for this funding.