The Sustainability Department coordinates efforts to reduce Western’s contribution to environmental degradation and to build our collective capacity for resilience to disruptive change so that all may thrive in the decades to come. We do this through:
- Infusing sustainability and resilience work into the curriculum and culture of the college.
- Modeling sustainability and resilience practice and planning.
- Building partnerships with local organizations and engaging in other community outreach efforts.
- Campus Sustainability Index Top Performer, 2017
- STARS Silver rating, AASHE, 2017
- U.S. Green Building Council Local Leader Award of Excellence (Wisconsin), 2017
- Winner, 2015 Climate Leadership Award, Second Nature
- Green Ribbon School, U.S. Department of Education, 2015
- Tree Campus USA certified, since 2010