Wondering where to start?
Looking for a better job, financial security… or just feeling stuck where you are now? At Western, a great education can help you make the change. You’ll learn hands-on, on your time, mentored by instructors who have worked in their fields.
At Western, You Choose Your Pathway
Going back to school at any age is a smart move. Choose a certificate, diploma, or degree program... or build toward your goal in several steps. Start by checking out programs by career cluster for your areas of interest. Scroll down to browse programs by regional location or by program type.
Western’s transfer agreements with four‑year universities even put a bachelor’s degree within reach, at less cost.
Get Credit for Your Prior Learning & Experience
Getting a new start doesn’t have to mean starting over. Get the credit you deserve for your prior work, college, or military experience. Do you need to earn your high school credentials first? Western can help.
Flexible Options for Adults
Here, students with busy lives can achieve their goals. Some programs are 100 percent online.
Since everyone’s needs are different, Western has academic programs to build exactly the skills you need, from working on English language skills to opening the door to an in-demand career in health sciences, manufacturing, information technology, and many other areas.
Programs Designed with Adults in Mind
- Accounting: Help provide the financial information needed to help businesses make decisions. This program is offered at the La Crosse Campus, as well as Black River Falls, Independence, Mauston, Tomah, and Viroqua locations. Classes are offered day or evening, full- or part-time, and face-to-face or online.
- Business Analyst: Learn to bridge business needs with solutions. Gain skills to analyze organizational needs and implement solutions. This program is 100% online.
- Business Management: Get broad business skills and practical application in areas like finance, marketing, and human resources. This program is offered face-to-face and online.
- Digital Marketing: This program provides you with the foundation, concepts, tools, and skill set necessary to market a business in today's digital environment. Delivery methods include one evening per week, fully online, in La Crosse, or at our regional locations.
- Entrepreneurship: Learn everything you need to launch a successful business. This program is 100% online.
- Individualized Technical Studies: A create-your-own degree based on your skills and interests.
- Medical Administrative Professional: Learn how to manage the business-related aspects of a medical office. This program is offered in the evening.
- Sales Management: Develop the interpersonal, technical, business, and sales skills necessary to be successful in a range of managerial and sales roles. This program is offered in the evening.
- Supervisory Management: Build the skills needed to be an effective leader. The program is offered at the La Crosse Campus, as well as Black River Falls, Independence, Mauston, Tomah, and Viroqua locations. Courses are offered in seven-week increments and can be taken face-to-face in the evenings, in a blended format, or online.
- University Pathways: Take your general education courses fully online and transfer them guaranteed to UW-Green Bay or UW-Oshkosh’s online bachelor’s degree options. This program is 100% online.
Let’s Make a Plan
Start your better life with a call to the Welcome Center. Enrollment advisors will help you sort out your options, building on what you have already accomplished. Significant scholarship funding or financial aid may be available to help get you to your goal.