The College campuses are closed to students and the general public, and buildings will be locked until further notice. Our support services that were previously offered in-person, are still available in alternative formats. Online, email, and video conferencing technology are allowing us to connect with students for any needs you may have. Most services will operate from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., unless appointments are made outside these hours. Following are the specific services and contact information:
- Contact your assigned advisor directly. You should have received a message from your advisor. You can also call 608-785-9553 to schedule appointments. They are available to meet with you through email, video conferencing, or by phone.
- Students with disabilities have the right to reasonable accommodations, regardless of the modality in which classes are delivered.
- Accommodations for students currently registered with Access Services remain in place. Students may also request new or changed accommodations.
- If the new instructional formats create learning barriers for you, email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about available accommodations.
- Staff members will be meeting via videoconference, email, or by phone. Make an appointment by contacting email@example.com or 608-785-9440.
- Contact the Cavalier Cupboard at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need food assistance.
- To make an appointment email email@example.com with your full name and best phone number to reach you. A counselor will respond via email, within 24 hours, to schedule a time to connect. If you already have an established relationship with a Western Counselor, please feel free to email them directly.
- For any immediate mental health needs after hours, please call Great Rivers 211 (1-800-362-8255). In the case of an extreme emergency, call 911.
- If you are facing unforeseen financial or personal barriers, the Student Resource Request form will connect you with our case manager or financial literacy coordinator.
- Financial Aid processing of refunds will continue as usual.
- Although upcoming Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Frenzy events are canceled, Financial Aid staff are available to assist students via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 608-785-9579. When leaving a voicemail message, please include your email address.
- For Online Writing Center assistance, use the submission form on www.westerntc.edu/online-writing-center.
- Math Center assistance is available on Blackboard Collaborate. If you are unable to access this platform, email Julia Callaghan at email@example.com.
- Peer Tutors will work digitally/virtually with students on any subject; email LearningCommons@westerntc.edu.
- The majority of library resources and services are already online and will continue as normal. Any questions on library needs, please email LibraryReference@westerntc.edu or Library@westerntc.edu.
- The Multicultural Center is still here to support and encourage your success. Contact Terrelle Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to talk by email, on the phone, or schedule a virtual meeting.
- There are still ways you can be supporting your community and be socially connected virtually to others. Check out www.westerntc.edu/Ugetconnected for ideas. This is also the site you use to track your service hours and download your service resume. Login using your Western credentials. If you have questions about community engagement, contact email@example.com.
Student Life Office (General questions, residence hall, student government/clubs, etc.)
- Contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 608-785-9445, and someone from the office will get back to you.
- GI Bill benefits will continue uninterrupted during the COVID-19 pandemic; students are not required to take any action.
- VA updates will be provided to students via direct email campaigns and social media. Students with specific questions can contact the VA Education Call Center at: 888-442-4551 between 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday-Friday.
- Contact the staff in the Veteran Military Center Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. at email: email@example.com or phone: 608-785-9436. Important announcements and updates will also be shared on blackboard, Myvettracker.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to these services areas. They are eager to support you through this transition. You can do this, and we can help!